Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oven Fried Pork Chops

Being Southern and loving fried foods, but being careful what I eat. My mom gave me this recipe a few months ago and I just tried it last night and it is my husband's and my new favorite.

4 3/4 inch pork chops
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1 cup bread crumbs
3 TB grated parmesan cheese (not out of a can)
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rubbed sage
salt and pepper to taste
2 TB olive oil or less

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rinse and pat dry pork chops. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. On a piece of wax paper or pie plate add the bread crumbs, cheese, thyme, sage, salt and pepper and mix. Brush dijon on each side of pork chops and dip in bread crumb mixture and put on baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the pork chops. Bake for 35 minutes.

No comments: