Monday, September 22, 2008

Steamed Veggies with Vermicelli and Parmesan

This is something Craig and I use to eat alot. I am a pasta fanatic! I don't fix it as much because Chris won't eat it. It is just something I threw together when I was working as an office manager at Allstate Insurance a few years ago, because I was to exhausted to do much else...

1 lb vermicelli
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1/2 cup sliced carrots
1 1/2 cup broccoli heads, cut in half
1 cup cauliflower heads, cut in half
1 TB butter
1/4 cup parmesan

Cook pasta according to package. In microwave or in steamer cook veggie to desired doneness. I still like mine with a little bite to them (not mushy) about 8 minutes. Drain pasta and put in large pasta bowl add veggies and butter and sprinkle with parmesan and serve.

******Use any fresh veggies you like. My mom fixes this, but she sautee's her veggie's instead of steaming them. I try not to eat alot of fried or sautee'd foods. I am heavy enough with the medicine I take, I don't need to add to it******

No comments: